Texas Insurance Continuing Education
Texas Insurance Unlimited CE $29.99
- The Unlimited CE package allows you to select from 30 courses to fulfill the 30 hour bi-annual state requirement.
- Processing fees will be added to cover required state filing fees to report your CE credits.
- All Texas CE courses below are approved as General Credit, which applies to all license lines.
- You are allowed a maximum 15 hours Self Study credit,
- The other 15 must be Classroom or Classroom Equivalent credit
- The Texas Insurance Adjuster Property & Casualty Licensing Course & Exam listed below is approved by TDI for 360 training.
- Course approval number 45064EX400.
- These Insurance Agent Licensing courses are developed using the most up to date exam outline given by the Texas Department of Insurance (TdI) and Thomson Prometric.
Texas 15hr P&C Classroom Equivalent Package #1 $31.25
This package is comprised of the following courses:
- Texas Commercial General Liability Insurance (3 hours)
- Ethics For Insurance Professionals Advanced (9 hours)
Texas 15hr P&C Classroom Equivalent Package #2 $31.25
- Introduction to Property and Casualty Insurance and the Insurance Contract
- Ethics for Insurance Professionals Advanced
Insurance Pre-License & Continuing Education Training Online
Texas State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- 30 Continuing Ed credit hours are required biennially for all General Lines of Authority (Life & Health, Property & Casualty) and all Texas Insurance Adjusters.
- 10 Continuing Ed credit hours are required biennially for:
Continuing Education Requirements:
- All agents are required to complete Thirty (30) hrs of continuing education including 2 hrs of ethics, every two years.
- All adjusters must complete Thirty (30) hrs of continuing education including 2 hrs of ethics, every two years.
- All holders of limited lines and county mutual licenses must complete 10 hrs of continuing education including 2 hrs of ethics, every 2 years.
Course Subject Requirements
- At least 50% of credits must be taken via classroom or classroom equivalent courses.
Additional Training Requirements:
- LTC/P: All agents who wish to sell, solicit or negociate long term care policies must complete a one-time 8 hr training course, followed by Four (4) hours of ongoing training every two years, thereafter.
Texas Medicare Training:
- All agents Medicare Advantage plans and/or Medicare Part D plans must complete 8 hrs of Medicare training, followed by Four (4) hrs of ongoing training every two years, thereafter.
Annuities Training :
- All agents who sell annuities products must complete a one-time 4 hour annuity certification course, followed by Four (4) hours of ongoing training every two (2)years, thereafter.
- All property and casualty agents who sell flood products must complete a one-time Three (3) hr flood course.
Continuing Education Renewal Date:
- Date of license issuance, biennially.
Type of courses accepted for Texas insurance CE Credit
- Agents are not allowed to repeat courses within a two (2) year period.
- Self study final exams are open book, non monitored exams. There are no final exams required for online Classroom Equivalent courses.
- Individuals who have been licensed in Texas continuously for Twenty (20 )years or more may apply for an exemption.
Texas Department of Insurance
Agents Licensing Unit
333 Guadalupe St.
Austin, TX 78714
Email and Web site
Texas Insurance Continuing Education classes -
Texas Department of Insurance approved
Texas Insurance Continuing Education Classes from $10